VIDEO: This Week's Top Stories October 22
published : 22 Oct 2021 at 11:37
writer: Gary Boyle
This week: Line sex, bar raid, Russell Crowe and eyes for sale
Police arrested a transgender woman in Tak for live-streaming sex with her boyfriend to subscribers in a Line group.
The group subscription was 700 baht and many people had joined.
Police raided XOXO Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 12 and held 116 guests -- including 27 foreigners -- along with the manager.
Police found 50 drinking containers filled with beer and 60 glasses of beer at seats inside the pub.
A man offered to sell his family's eyes and kidneys to raise money after his house and land were seized.
He was guarantor for the purchase of an 860,000-baht tractor by the wife of a local policeman. She failed to pay the monthly instalments.
Oscar winner Russell Crowe visited chef Jay Fai's restaurant.
He is in Thailand to film a movie and has tweeted pictures and messages during his stay.
Join us for a free English class, streaming online every Tuesday at 4.30pm.
Check the Learning Facebook page for more details.
- container: something used for storing or holding things - หีบบรรจุ
- fail (verb): to not do something - ผิดพลาด, ล้มเหลว
- guarantor: a person who agrees to be responsible for somebody or for making sure that something happens or is done - ผู้ค้ำประกัน
- instalments (noun): payments made every month/year to pay for something or pay back a loan - งวด, งวดเงินผ่อน, เงินผ่อน
- kidney: one of the two organs in your body that clean your blood and remove waste - ไต
- purchase: something that has been bought - ของที่ซื้อมา
- raid: to use force to enter a place suddenly in order to arrest people or search for something such as illegal weapons or drugs - บุกเข้าจับ, เข้าตรวจค้น
- seize (verb): to take something using force - ยึด, จับกุม
- subscriber: someone who pays money to an organization in order to receive a product, use a service regularly or support the organisation - ผู้ใช้บริการ
- subscription: an amount of money that you pay regularly to receive a product or service or to be a member of an organization - การบอกรับเป็นสมาชิก
- tractor (noun): a farm vehicle - แทรกเตอร์, รถแทรกเตอร์, รถไถ
- transgender: an umbrella term for people whose gender identity and/or gender expression differs from what is typically associated with the sex they were assigned at birth - คนข้ามเพศ, คนที่แสดงออก หรือแต่งกาย หรือผ่านการผ่าตัดเพื่อเปลี่ยนเป็นเพศตรงข้าม