Five things you need to know this week
1. Volve Hotel is transforming 28 of its rooms into swoon-worthy art spaces, showcasing works from top artists and galleries in Bangkok, including Bangkok City City, Ver Gallery and Gallery Seescape at Hotel Art Fair. The groovy pieces range from limited edition prints and paintings to sculptures. Highlighting the event will be robot artist Paul, who'll be sketching portraits throughout the weekend. Deejays will be spinning beats to enhance the vibe. Volve Hotel is on Sukhumvit 53. The event begins at 11am with free admission. Visit www.facebook.com/ HotelArtFair.
2. Today at 4pm, River City Bangkok will be screening Animal Town, a 2009 Korean drama about a convicted paedophile and a troubled man who stalks him. Korean barbecue from Banjoo BBQ will be served. Tomorrow, Queen, a Bollywood film on the solo European honeymoon of a traditional girl whose fiancé called off the marriage will be screened, along with food from Rembrandt Hotel's Rang Mahal. Screenings are free. To reserve seats, visit www.facebook.com/RiverCityBangkok.
3. What makes Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew an out-of-the-ordinary experience is the infusion with nitrogen and the way it is served -- without ice, straight from the tap with a creamy, beer-like foam. The clean taste of the coffee blend used is maintained, ensuring a cup of cold coffee that is true to its origin. Experience Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew at Starbucks All Seasons Place (Experience Bar) and Starbucks The Street.
4. The American Arts Incubator programme that aims to help the local community address social issues through art now turns its eyes on Bangkok -- once called "the Venice of the East". As a result, a famous new media artist and US Art Envoy Scott Kildall will join hands with local artists to deliver an important message on problems surrounding Bangkok's waterways using sculptures. His 3D sculptures and other works made by Thai artists are being showcased at the Bangkok Art and Cultural Centre. The event is free until June 30.
5. ¿Estás lista? (Are you ready? in Spanish) for Touche Hombre Bangkok's Taco Tuesday promotion -- Mexican-style tacos at 95 baht apiece. Taco lovers can enjoy Mexican cuisine and hip-hop, R&B and rap music performed live by names like Alicia Warner, MC Dakotaa Jade, Erroneous Monk, Aopsher and Unda. The epic night starts from 8pm. ¡Buen provecho! Touche Hombre Bangkok is at 72 Courtyard and open daily from 6pm. Call 082-392-7760 for reservations.