CPN sets aside B3bn for 6 projects

CPN sets aside B3bn for 6 projects

Mr Nattakit (left) and Mr Kree at CPN's press conference held for the grand opening of Central Ayutthaya.
Mr Nattakit (left) and Mr Kree at CPN's press conference held for the grand opening of Central Ayutthaya.

SET-listed retail and property developer Central Pattana (CPN) plans to spend 3 billion baht to develop six property projects next year.

Kree Dejchai, executive vice-president for residential business at CPN, said the company wants to develop four condominiums and two residential projects next year, creating combined 2,000 units.

It expects to complete the new development within the next two years. The investment of three billion baht excludes land price.

CPN, which has expanded into the property business over the past three years, has developed 19 projects in 14 provinces. The six new property projects planned for next year include Escent Ville Ayutthaya, which will be built behind Central Ayutthaya officially opened in December this year.

Escent Ville Ayutthaya is the 20th development project of CPN. Escent is its leading brand to spearhead the move to tap into provincial real estate markets.

"Now, we have sold more than 90% of units of 12 projects in eight provinces. We consider it a key strategy to develop premium residential projects along with mixed-use projects and malls, which will help upgrade the provinces," said Flight Lieutenant Kree.

Escent Ville Ayutthaya has been open for sales since Nov 30. It aims to capture a new segment of customers, 80% of which being "Ayutthaya elites" and the other 20% being foreigners, especially Japanese.

Escent Ville Ayutthaya is the tallest high-rise condo in Ayutthaya with 14 levels and 396 units, starting from one-bedroom units of 28-32 square meters with a starting price of 1.9 million baht, two-bedroom units of 55 sq m with a starting price of 3.7 million baht and fully furnished rooms of 7.7 metres wide and 2.5m tall designed to receive natural light and provide a great view.

There are 12 luxury two-bedroom units equipped with bathtubs, catering to the tastes of Japanese and Thai customers. It is the one and only condominium in Ayutthaya with complete rooftop facilities, including a large semi-Olympic saline pool.

It also has an outdoor co-working space and relaxing area for young generations who prefer to work from anywhere. The co-working space is part of an outdoor green area that is suitable for various recreational activities.

Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana, executive vice-president for marketing at CPN, said the company opened Central Ayutthaya, a mixed-use development project worth 6.2 billion baht, on Nov 30 under the theme "Capital of Wonders" to help the tourism sector rebound and push Thailand as a "preferred global destination".

"We look to use the network of Central shopping centres across the country as a "tourism booster" to attract quality tourists and encourage longer stay and more spending, which will help distribute income to local communities and create urban communities," he said.

Do you like the content of this article?
COMMENT

Youngsters to get 1st shots on Monday

The Ministry of Public Health is ready to provide the first round of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine to children aged five to 11 on Monday at the Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health.

09:16

BoT seen among last to hike as Fed signals liftoff

Thailand's central bank is expected to be the last in Southeast Asia to lift rates, leading to one of the steepest yield curves in the region as other nations brace for the first Federal Reserve hike since 2018.

09:04

Judges uphold self-defence ruling in killing of activist

The Appeal Court on Wednesday upheld a Civil Court ruling dismissing a lawsuit filed against the army for compensation over the death of Lahu human rights activist Chaiyaphum Pasae, who was shot dead at a checkpoint in Chiang Mai province in 2017.

08:55