Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair postponed

Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair postponed

A spectacular light and sough presentation at the Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair 2018. The 2019 event, which had already been rescheduled to March 13-22, has now been postponed indefinitely due to the spread of the novel coronavirus. (Photo by Sunthorn Pongpao)
A spectacular light and sough presentation at the Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair 2018. The 2019 event, which had already been rescheduled to March 13-22, has now been postponed indefinitely due to the spread of the novel coronavirus. (Photo by Sunthorn Pongpao)

AYUTTHAYA: The Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair 2019, scheduled for March 13-22, has been postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus threat.

The fair is usually held in the middle of December every year. Because of budgetary constraints, the Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair 2019 was put off until March 13-22.

Because of the Covid-19 threat, an urgent meeting of the organising committee, chaired by provincial governor Panu Yaemsri, was held yesterday.

The meeting decided to postpone the fair again for an indefinite period.   

The Ayutthaya World Heritage Fair has been held for nearly 30 consecutive years, usually in the middle of December. In addition to the world heritage sites it features light and sound presentations and always draws a large number of Thai and foreign tourists.



Do you like the content of this article?
COMMENT (4)
TRENDING

Indian man wins 22-year court fight for 20 rupees

A lawyer who won a 22-year court battle for compensation from Indian Railways after being overcharged 20 rupees (9 baht) said on Friday that his quest for justice was worth the effort.

12 Aug 2022

Global LGBT event scrapped over Taiwan name flap

TAIPEI: An international LGBT gathering in Taiwan has been cancelled after its global organisers demanded the removal of the self-ruled island’s name from the 2025 event — a move denounced by the government.

12 Aug 2022

Five Chinese firms to exit US stock market

SHANGHAI: Five major Chinese companies including two of the country’s largest oil producers will delist from the New York Stock Exchange, the firms said in filings on Friday.

12 Aug 2022