Fire ravages garage, causing gas to explode
published : 23 May 2020 at 13:01
writer: Pongpat Wongyala
PATHUM THANI: A bush fire ravaged a garage in Lam Luk Ka district on Friday night, causing gas cylinders kept inside to explode. No injuries were reported.
The fire broke out at Soi Chonlamakpijarn 10 in tambon Lat Sawai of Lam Luk Ka district, said Pol Capt Thianchai Mai-iem, deputy investigation chief at Khu Khot police station, who was reported at about 8pm.
More than 10 fire trucks, firemen and rescue workers were deployed to the scene. They saw grass burning on a vacant land plot and an adjacent automotive parts-extraction garage in flames.
At the time, there were 10 cars and some auto parts, as well as gas cylinders, inside in the garage. As the fire ravaged through it, the gas cylinders exploded.
The firemen took almost one hour to put the fire under control. The garage, as well as all cars and auto parts inside, were burned.
Pieces of the exploded gas cylinders also damaged the roofs of several houses in the area. No injuries were reported.
Khwanmuang Bamrungkit, 53, owner of a house whose roof was damaged, said he was having a meal when the fire broke out, damaging his roof.
Bunthan Seelabut, 56, said he and his family were also having a meal when the fire broke out. He immediately spray water on the walls of his house while his wife alerted firemen.
Police were investigating.
Firemen take almost one hour to put out the fire. (Photo: Pongpat Wongyala)