'Sean' breaks silence over wildfire fund
Embattled social media influencer and life coach Sean Buranahiran reported to police on Tuesday and denied accusations made against him over alleged mismanagement of donated funds.
Sean, accompanied by his lawyer, showed up at Pak Kret police station in Nonthaburi after police had issued him a second summons.
Earlier this year, Sean raised money online to fight wildfires in Chiang Mai and neighbouring provinces but he faces accusations of having mismanaged it.
His critics have since looked into Sean's social media activities and found alleged irregularities in his donation campaign to help fight the wildfires.
On June 30, lawyer Ronnarong Kaewphet lodged a complaint against Sean with Pak Kret police.
Mr Ronnarong asked police to prosecute Sean for allegedly posting false information online in violation of the Computer Crime Act and raising funds without permission in breach of the Fundraising Control Act.
Pak Kret police chief, Pol Col Pongchak Preechakarunpong, said that Sean had denied all the allegations.
Sean told reporters he had not answered the first summons because he was gathering bank statements and financial transaction records ahead of giving a statement.
Mr Ronnarong on Tuesday also submitted a letter at Pak Kret police station asking what progress had been in the investigation so far.
He also said he wanted the police to work on the case independently as he had learned that investigators had been pressured by someone in high office.
Despite being summoned, Sean has not been charged by police. However, police will review the details of his case to determine whether there is enough evidence to charge him.