Khao Yai gaur dies from electrocution
published : 26 Sep 2021 at 11:46
writer: Prasit Tangprasert
PRACHINBURI: A male gaur was found dead by Highway 304 near Wang Khon Daen village in tambon Buphram of Nadi district in this eastern province on Sunday morning.
The animal was believed to have died from electrocution, a Khao Yai National Park official said.
Local residents found the gaur lying dead with its head leaning against a power post by Highway 304.
The gaur was male, about 10 years old, and weighed about 800 kilogrammes. It was believed to have come down from the Khao Yai National Park to forage for food in the area.
From an initial examination, the gaur was believed to have been electrocuted by electricity from water running down the power post during rainfall.
Khao Yai National Park officials reported the gaur's death to the Nadi police for an official record. Veterinarians would be later sent to the spot to examine the animal's carcass to officially establish the cause of death.