Floods remain in 16 provinces
published : 7 Oct 2021 at 16:35
writer: Online Reporters
Flooding from Storm Dianmu two weeks ago remains in 16 provinces, mostly in the Central Plains and the Northeast, with the highest levels reported in Khon Kaen and Ang Thong.
The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation reported updated flooding situations on Thursday, saying that it was affecting about 100,000 families in the 16 provinces.
Floodwater was rising in:
- Khon Kaen's Waeng Noi, Waeng Yai, Khok Phochai, Chonnabot, Mancha Khiri, Non Sila, Phra Yuen, Ban Hat and Ban Phai districts; and
- Ang Thong's Muang, Chaiyo, Pa Mok, Wiset Chan Chan and Samko districts.
- Flood levels were stable in:
- Sing Buri's In Buri, Khai Bang Rachan, Muang and Phrom Buri districts
- Saraburi's Wang Muang, Kaeng Khoi, Muang, Chalerm Prakiat, Sao Hai, Nong Don, Ban Mo, Don Phut, Nong Saeng and Nong Khae districts
- Chai Nat's Sapphaya district
- Suphan Buri's Bang Pla Ma and Song Phi Nong districts; and
- Ayutthaya's Phak Hai, Sena, Bang Ban, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Bang Sai, Bang Pa-in, Tha Rua, Nakhon Luang and Bang Pahan districts.
Flood water were subsiding in:
- Sukhothai's Muang, Si Samrong and Khiri Mat districts
- Phitsanulok's Wang Thong, Phrom Phiram and Bang Rakam districts
- Chaiyaphum's Khon Sawan district
- Nakhon Ratchasima's Non Sung, Non Thai, Muang, Chakkarat, Khong, Kaeng Sanam Nang, Chalerm Prakiat, Phimai, Non Daeng and Chum Phuang districts
- Ubon Ratchathani's Muang and Warin Chamrap districts
- Nakhon Sawan's Muang, Phayuha Khiri and Krok Phra districts
- Uthai Thani's Muang district
- Lop Buri's Muang, Chai Badan, Ban Mi, Phatthana Nikhom and Khok Samrong districts; and
- Pathum Thani's Muang and Sam Khok district.
Since Sept 23, flooding caused by heavy rain from Storm Dianmu killed nine people (six in Lop Buri, two in Phetchabun and one in Chai Nat) and affected 299,704 families in 32 provinces.