Two CSD officers 'involved in lese majeste'
published : 21 Nov 2015 at 12:52
writer: Wassayos Ngamkham
Two of the four Crime Suppression Division officers (CSD) who recently resigned after being transferred to inactive posts were found to be involved in a high-profile lese majeste case, the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) chief said on Saturday.
Pol Lt Gen Thitirat Nonghanpit, commissioner of the CIB, admitted an investigation had found the two commissioned CSD officers might have violated Section 112 of the Criminal Code on lese majeste, which carries a jail term up of 5-15 years.
The initial findings have already been forwarded to Pol Lt Gen Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul, acting deputy national police chief, who is in charge of the investigations.
However, Pol Lt Gen Thirirat did not mention the names of the two CSD officers.
Six CIB officers — two recently resigned and four others were moved to inactive posts — are under investigation for their alleged involvement in a lese majeste case, said the CIB chief.
So far, there have been no evidence to implicate them, he added.
He vowed to take immediate action against any officers if evidence linked them to lese majese offences.
Meanwhile, CSD chief Pol Maj Gen Akkradech Pimolsri said he has yet to receive a police report about the warrants for the two CSD officers for their alleged involvement.
The latest major lese majeste case involves civilians, as well as military and police officers, who were accused of citing the monarchy to seek financial gains for themselves.
Earlier, there were rumours the four officers might have been involved in the lese majeste case but there had been no confirmation from authorities until now.