Thaioil is recognized as a world-class leader in sustainability performance in the oil and gas refining and marketing industry
published : 22 Feb 2021 at 12:33
for the seventh consecutive year at the S&P Global Sustainability Award 2021
• Ranked as a world-class leader in sustainability performance for the seventh consecutive year
• Building trust among the company’s stakeholders across the economic, environmental, and social dimensions
Bangkok: Thaioil has recently been ranked Gold Class for sustainability in the oil and gas refining and marketing industry for the seventh consecutive year.
Mr. Wirat Uanarumit, Chief Executive Officer and President, Thai Oil Public Company Limited, said “In 2020, S&P Global assessed 7,033 companies in 61 industries under the Corporate Sustainability Assessment. The Gold Class level is the highest distinction in each industry and is given to leading organizations with a strong commitment to sustainability management, which can create values for the stakeholders in the long run. For Thaioil, this has been done through efficient risk management while trying to create new business opportunities amid global economic, social, and environmental changes. At Thaioil, environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) has always been of top priority, which has earned the company the Gold Class rank for the seventh consecutive year, the highest distinction in the oil and gas refining and marketing industry, and is recognized as one of the world’s top companies with excellent sustainability performance at S&P Global Sustainability Award 2021 for the eighth consecutive year.”
“The assessment result reflects Thaioil’s ability to maintain its globally outstanding sustainability performance despite the COVID-19 outbreak, which has affected the business operations of the company and its affiliates. However, amid various concerns, Thaioil has recognized the opportunity to adapt and move the business forward to reach its organizational goal. With regards to the economic dimension, we have ensured that our strategic plans are more flexible so as to be able to handle future changes and be in line with our sustainable growth policy per which the company is determined to become an energy and chemical company with a high competitive advantage. As for the environmental dimension, environmental management has been carried out through the company’s policy and guidelines, which effectively cover all the environmental resource conservation activities. With respect to the social dimension, Thaioil continues to place great emphasis on corporate social responsibility activities and projects for the communities while respecting human rights. All of these essential factors contribute to the long-term success of the company.”
“The sustainability assessment result was due to the dedication and commitment of Thaioil’s employees as we want to make sure that we can provide sustainable values for all of the company's stakeholders. On the occasion of Thaioil’s 60th anniversary, we remain committed to empowering human life through sustainable energy and chemicals and grow steadily into a 100-year-old company in the future,” added Mr. Wirat.
• In January 2014, Thaioil was ranked a Gold Class sustainability leader, the highest distinction at RobecoSAM Sustainability Award 2014, in the Oil and Gas industry by RobecoSAM, a DJSI corporate sustainability assessor.
• In January 2015, among the participating listed companies from around the world, Thaioil was ranked first in sustainability performance in the Oil and Gas industry by RobecoSAM, a DJSI corporate sustainability rater. In this assessment, the company also earned Gold Class status, RobecoSAM Sustainability Award 2015’s highest recognition, for the second consecutive year.
• In January 2016, Thaioil was ranked first in sustainability performance and named Industry Leader in the Oil and Gas sector for the second consecutive year by RobecoSAM and received Gold Class recognition for the third consecutive year at the RobecoSAM Sustainability Award 2016.
• In January 2017, Thaioil was rated Gold Class Leader in the Oil and Gas sector for the fourth consecutive year, the highest recognition at the Sustainability Award 2017.
• In January 2018, Thaioil was rated Gold Class Leader in the Oil and Gas sector for the fifth consecutive year, the highest recognition at the Sustainability Award 2018.
• In February 2019, Thaioil was named Industry Leader in sustainability performance in the oil and gas refining and marketing sector for the sixth consecutive year and received Silver Award recognition at the SAM Sustainability Award 2019.
• In February 2020, Thaioil was named Sustainability Leader in the oil and gas refining and marketing industry for the seventh consecutive year, earning S&P Global Gold Class Sustainability Award 2020.
For more information, please contact
Thaioil Public Company Limited
Tel. 081 989 2292