Central Pattana Shopping Center travel fairs awaken Thai tourism
published : 31 Mar 2021 at 13:53
Over 150 million baht generated by centralwOrld, CentralPlaza, CentralFestival, Central Phuket and Central Village with more fun to come
Central Pattana plc, a leading retail and property developer and operator of centralwOrld, CentralPlaza, CentralFestival, Central Phuket and Central Village, has revealed that ‘Thailand Travel & Lifestyle Fair’ generated over 150 million baht for Thailand’s travel industry.
Held in major tourist destinations such as Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Hatyai and Salaya, among others, Central Pattana joined forces with over 450 entrepreneurs in every tourism sector for the fair. Its objective was to stimulate the recovery of tourism nationwide and enable customers to welcome the summer.
‘Dream Vacations & Travel Fair 2021’, the biggest tourism event in the heart of the city, held at centralwOrld, was particularly productive and received particularly great feedback. In only ten days, the event generated sales of more than 100 million baht. The event brought together luxury hotels and resorts in one place with all formats of tourism packages such as yachting, car rentals, dining vouchers and luxury spa packages.
It all helped to create an economic ripple effect while supporting the tourism sector throughout the country, including cross-region tourism. Among the destinations promoted were Koh Samui, Phuket, Pattaya, Hua Hin, and Chiang Mai, along with secondary cities. The economic stimulation is expected to last through the second quarter of 2021, including the Thai New Year holiday.
“Central Pattana is very pleased with the excellent feedback from ‘Thailand Travel & Lifestyle Fair 2021’,” said Dr. Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Central Pattana Plc. “It’s been a huge success – especially at centralwOrld. In just ten days, the event there generated sales of more than 100 million baht for the tourism sector which is concrete testament to its success.
“The fair’s success formula consists of bargain price, right place and right time. CentralwOrld holds a strategic location in the heart of the city, with convenient transportation and abundant parking. Customers were able to visit one place to browse and buy their travel packages and then take their families for a great meal and enjoy shopping afterwards.”
“We also held the fair at other branches in important tourist provinces in order to reach consumers directly and promote cross-region tourism. With the strength Central Pattana can provide from having shopping centres throughout the country, we believe that we can continue to be one of the major drivers of the tourism ecosystem in the country. Our efforts are in line with the government's measures to restore economic activities, in particular, during the second quarter, which includes the Songkran Festival – a long holiday celebrating Thai New Year.”
Central Pattana is investing 180 million baht to launch a summer campaign, ‘Central Summer Plays – live life to the fullest and enjoy non-stop shopping to welcome the summer’ from today until 4 May 2021 in response to the government’s economic stimulus policy.
It is joining forces with leading business partners in all sectors to create fun life experiences in all forms, including eating, traveling, shopping and taking great photos in addition to hooking up with the global fashion trends for this summer. Spending will be spurred with promotions from participating credit cards offering cash back of up to 13% along with cash vouchers worth up to 1,000 baht and there will be a chance to win prizes of luxury stays and cool gadgets.
Moreover, all branches of shopping centres are preparing to hold a Songkran (Thai New Year) event in a ‘Thai Niyom’ (Popular Thai) format. Four highlights in the ‘Central Summer Plays’ campaign can be discovered at CENTRAL PATTANA’s 33 branches nationwide, which will be transformed into a ‘Play Destination’ of each region for Thai people.
1.Indulge with the ‘Thailand Travel & Lifestyle Fair’ and ‘Summer Market’ at every branch nationwide:
- Last chance! Don’t miss! Travel fair filled with travel packages and deals of the year at CentralPlaza Salaya from 1-7 April 2021.
- Summer Play Market – events that gather together all summer items, accessories, gadgets, food, beverages and much more.
2.Unique vacation escape experiences in every province:
- Hawaii comes to centralwOrld – enjoy ‘Waikiki Beach’ in the middle of Bangkok and surf 5-meter waves.
- Admire art at CentralPlaza Rama 3 in ‘The Urban Wild Illuminations Art’ – colours of the season.
- Discover ‘The Big Flower Show 2021’ and Nonthaburi-style traditional Songkran festival at CentralPlaza Westgate.
- Bringing five world-famous beaches to CentralFestival Pattaya Beach: Maldives, Hawaii, Bali, Santorini and Pattaya.
- First time in Korat with the ‘Giant Balloon’ CentralPlaza Nakhon Ratchasima – enjoy summer views from the air.
- Admire art at Central Phuket: Visit the Central Phuket Art Exhibition with art inspired by coffee from Pratya, art from Phuket.
3.Highlighting lifestyle trends for summer; emphasising every branch’s reputation as a ‘Food Destination’ with a ‘Summer Taste’.
4.Special promotions to welcome summer for The 1 members to enjoy privileges:
- 1st: Top spenders get a free luxury three-day two-night vacation package at the Hyatt Regency Koh Samui (worth 11,870 baht per prize) and more.
- 2nd: Feel the excitement with ‘7 Weeks 7 Prizes’, when spending 2,000 baht, get a chance to win prizes every week such as accommodation packages at the Park Hyatt Bangkok and cool gadgets, including Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Airpods Pro, iPad Pro 2020, iPhone 12 Pro, Samsung Smart TV and Marshall StanmoreII speakers. Customers who pay with participating credit cards get a triple chance to win prizes.
- 3rd: Spend a specified amount on shopping, get a free cash voucher worth 500 baht and receive a ‘Movie Set’ from Major Cineplex Group and SF Cinema worth 400 baht (from 1 April to 30 April 2021 or while stocks last).