Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment launches “POWER X” CAMPAIGN THROUGHOUT 2022
published : 20 Jan 2022 at 06:11
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MNRE) is committed to continuing its work on natural resource and environmental problems during 2022, amid the Covid-19 epidemic, with the special “Power X” campaign focusing on future goals, building strong communities with stable incomes and creating happiness for all Thais.
Mr. Varawut Silpa-archa, Natural Resources and Environment Minister, said, “The next step for 2022 under the Power X campaign is about adjustment and restoration of the natural world to achieve environmental stability, a green economy and to develop income growth alongside sustainability. The maximisation of natural resources will lead to a stable economy for the community, in accordance with the vision ‘New-Normal Good Quality of Life.’ Our two main goals are to create a strong household economy and BCG Model with low carbonisation.”
The policies and plans of the fiscal year of 2022 offered as a New Year present for Thai people:
- Systematically allocate residential land to communities in the national reserve forest areas, covering 3.67 million rai of mangrove forest in 23 coastal provinces (totalling 12,047 rai), according to Department of Lands policy.
- Procure and develop water sources for consumption under the project to conserve, restore, and manage water resources in 97 locations across the country, benefitting more than 27,875 households on more than 83,111 rai of agricultural land.
- Implement the optimisation of water distribution in 122 locations across the country, benefitting more than 21,316 households on more than 74,331 rai of agricultural land.
- Procure and develop 1,247 groundwater sources across the country, benefitting more than 247,676 households and approximately 990,704 people.
- Support funds for the 100 Khok Nong Na Model project, amounting to 50 million baht, to promote the network of volunteers protecting natural resources in villages across the country.
- Promote the Green Digital Library application, a collection of information and knowledge on the environment and national resources.
- Develop an application to calculate greenhouse gas (GHC) emissions for individual daily activities in order to raise public awareness about the amount of GHC emissions generated by individuals and promote behavioural changes in behaviour to conserve the environment.
Mr. Varawut concluded, “These projects are the intention of the ministry to yield happiness for all Thai brothers and sisters. The ministry is committed to conserving the nation’s natural resources to pass on to the next generation and serve as a stable economic foundation for sustainable national development in the future.”
THE NEXT STEP FOR 2022 IS ABOUT ADJUSTMENT AND RESTORATION OF THE NATURAL WORLD TO ACHIEVE ENVIRONMENTAL STABILITY, A GREEN ECONOMY AND TO DEVELOP INCOME GROWTH ALONGSIDE SUSTAINABILITY. THE MAXIMISATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES WILL LEAD TO A STABLE ECONOMY FOR THE COMMUNITY.