Hitachi Energy Thailand reinforces sustainability strategy
published : 23 Sep 2022 at 00:01
Dr. Worawut Warutmapornsu, Managing Director of Hitachi Energy Thailand Co., Ltd., has revealed the strategy and business plan of Hitachi Energy Thailand to support and accelerate the energy transition towards sustainability.
Following the rebranding of its parent company to Hitachi Energy last year, the next important step is to develop energy for sustainability and carbon-neutrality by 2030. The company aims to take Thailand closer to the goal of carbon neutrality by 2050 and net zero greenhouse gas emissions in 2065 with the help of innovation and technology related to power generation developed by Hitachi Energy.
Dr. Worawut Waruttamapornsu explained that since the launch of the new entity, the company has developed and launched key solutions to enable the energy transition, as follows:
● EconiQ™’s eco-efficient portfolio delivers superior environmental performance compared to conventional solutions. Its EconiQ™ high-voltage offering is proven to reduce the carbon footprint throughout the total life-cycle significantly. In August atCIGRE 2022, EconiQ™ unveiled the 420-kilovolt (kV) circuit-breaker, part of the energy company’s EconiQ high-voltage portfolio aiming to develop eco-efficient alternative solutions to sulphur hexafluoride
● Grid-eXpandTM is a new comprehensive range of modular prefabricated air-insulated and gas-insulated grid connection solutions. They are engineered, assembled, and factory-tested before delivery. They are ready for fast and easy energization on-site, hence significantly reducing the installation time and accelerating the transition to a sustainable energy system.
● IdentiQ™ digital twin solutions for direct high-voltage current (HVDC) and power quality portfolio enable cross-team digital collaboration to accelerate project execution and minimise project risks. IdentiQ™ also provides relevant asset information, analytics, and operational data in an intuitive and easy-to-navigate dashboard, which users can customise to match their needs.
● Lumada Inspection Insights provided an end-to-end portfolio of digital solutions for inspecting, monitoring and optimising critical assets. Pioneered by Hitachi Energy and Hitachi Vantara, Lumada Inspection Insights enables the automation of asset inspection, supports sustainability goals, improves physical security, and reduces risks.
● OceaniQ™'s innovative portfolio addresses the unique challenges of the offshore environment by reducing costs, increasing safety and improving efficiency.
"And to achieve carbon-neutral by 2030, at the factory, we are installing a solar roof on the plant, to be part of helping to reduce the rate of electricity purchase. Moreover, the company's transportation system in industrial estates does not use fossil fuels. This helps to reduce carbon emissions to the atmosphere. Hitachi Energy (Thailand) Limited signed a Carbon Credit agreement with a leading company in Thailand to bring business towards carbon neutrality in the most comprehensive way."
"Hitachi Energy Thailand has officially completed one year. The company recently received an honorary CSR DIW certificate 2022, and it was also recognised as a member of the Climate Action Leading Organization that will participate in driving greenhouse gas emission reduction towards carbon neutrality at the corporate level. This reinforces our commitment to operate our business towards carbon neutrality and develop clean energy for sustainability in Thailand."
Through the Sustainability 2030 strategic plan, the company is addressing the urgency of the global energy transition and has set clear targets in Planet, People, Peace and Partnerships. Hitachi Energy reflects the rapidly evolving energy landscape and the opportunity to create economic, environmental and social value. The brand name enables the business to effectively position its pioneering technologies and services to current and future customers, expanding beyond the grid – opening up a breadth of opportunities in areas such as sustainable mobility and smart life.