Highlighting One Bangkok as World-Class Sustainable District
For the first time, Frasers Property fully unveils its sustainability vision and commitment in the development of One Bangkok, Thailand’s largest integrated development in the heart Bangkok’s central business district, and The PARQ, a premium lifestyle mixed-use development, at Sustainability Expo 2022 (SX 2022), ASEAN's Largest Sustainability EXPO by showcasing a multimedia exhibition at the Better Community zone and hosting two panel discussions on the SX Stage on the topic of “Transform Our City for Our Better Future” and “A Place for All – One Bangkok’s Sustainable Public Realm”. The expo is held at Queen Sirikit National Convention Center, from September 26 to October 2, 2022, 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
Worawat Srisa-an, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of One Bangkok, said, “We are delighted to be a major partner of Sustainability Expo 2022 and are excited to share our vision and commitment to develop real estate projects with high environmental and social consciousness, that are integral to the local community. We are presenting a multi-media exhibition booth and leading panel discussions on sustainable practices at One Bangkok, with the aim of inspiring and evolving Bangkok to the next level of global competitiveness.”
One Bangkok’s 3 pillars of sustainable development being showcased at SX 2022 are:
- Social Sustainability – 50% of the total project area is allocated to open and green spaces to connect people to the city and nature. Ample pedestrian walkways totalling 5 kilometres permeate the entire district, shaded by trees and dotted with thoughtfully curated public artworks, encouraging people to spend more time outdoors socialising, exercising, and getting fresh air for better physical and mental wellbeing.
- Economic Sustainability – The project is designed to optimise resource and energy use, with integrated advance technology to enhance the operational efficiency and minimise costs. Well thought-out building and public space design offers better quality of life for users and enhances the productivity of office workers, all of which bring positive development at the individual, community, and national levels.
- Environmental Sustainability – Towers at One Bangkok feature high energy performance façade with insulated glass to cut down solar heat by 75% while allowing plenty of natural daylight, with interior lighting system controlled by a smart mobile application. Recycled water use and rainwater retention help reduce potable water usage by 2.7 million cubic meters per year. 500-year flood protection with water retention systems manages flood water within the development without infringing on the surrounding communities.
The exhibition showcases of One Bangkok highlights three core development principles – 1. People Centric – by developing the project with a deep understanding of people’s needs; 2. Green Sustainability – by designing and planning for LEED for Neighbourhood Development Platinum certification, and WELL Building Standard for environment, health, and wellbeing of residents and occupants; and 3. Smart City Living – by offering fully-integrated smart city living experience with touchless technologies, One Bangkok mobile application, centralised infrastructure system, security and traffic management, enhancing the experience of users in all components and for long-term sustainable operations.
The exhibition also details One Bangkok’s ambition to reduce negative impact on the environment and promote circular economy principles, by reducing 29,000 tons of carbon dioxide emission during construction – equivalent to carbon dioxide absorbed by 3.2 million trees. Reusing and recycling more than 92% of the construction waste is one measure to reduce carbon emission – such as recycling pile heads into precast concrete panels and recycling autoclaved lightweight concrete (ALC) blocks into large wall panels, and turning food waste at the construction site into fertilizer.
Another highlight is the showcase of One Bangkok’s fully-integrated master plan, comprising 5 premium Grade A office towers, 4 distinct retail precincts, 5 luxury and lifestyle hotels and 3 luxury residential towers, with a focus on accessibility, being directly connected to the MRT Blue Line at Lumphini Station, and featuring 6 access points by roads including a new direct connection to the expressway.
Two panel discussions on the SX Stage hosted by One Bangkok are:
- “Transform Our City for Our Better Future” – Exchange of views and experiences on the sustainable development of urban open green spaces for the public at the policy level with representatives from various sectors to explore future collaborative efforts, with panellists including Worawat Srisa-an, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of One Bangkok, and representatives from Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), The Embassy of the Netherlands and Shma Co., Ltd., landscape architecture and urban design company, on 30 September 2022, at 5:00 – 6:30 PM.
- “A Place for All – One Bangkok’s Sustainable Public Realm” – Insightful discussion on One Bangkok’s design concept and commitment to the development of public spaces under three main pillars of sustainability: economic, environmental, and social, as well as integrated art and cultural experiences to enhance the value of its public spaces for the community and city, with representatives from One Bangkok and PLandscape Co., Ltd., on 1 October 2022 at 5:00 – 5:45 PM.
The exhibition also showcases The PARQ, the lifestyle mixed-use development integrating smart workplaces and retail, which has obtained LEED Gold Version 4 – the latest green building standard and aims to obtain WELL Building Standard- the premier standard for buildings with features to support health and wellness of building occupants. Under the concept of “LIVE GREEN, LIVE WELL”, The PARQ showcases its comprehensive waste management system implemented in the building for the better environment and health of building occupants and visitors.
Visitors participating in the activities at the Frasers Property booth will receive souvenirs and special gifts from One Bangkok and cash vouchers from The PARQ Life.
Discover the new synergy for a sustainable future with One Bangkok and The PARQ at Sustainability Expo 2022, from September 26 to October 2, 2022, 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM, at Queen Sirikit National Convention Center, Hall 2 Level G.