U-Tapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport has officially opened Terminal 2.
The airport is located on a 6,500 rai plot of land in tambon Phala in Rayong's Ban Chang district. Opened for commercial flights in 1989, the airport has one runway (3.5km long and 60m wide) and can support 700,000 passengers a year.
However, the airport handled almost 2 million passengers last year, with about 15,000 flights connecting to more than 30 destinations in Thailand and abroad. The government invested about 600 million baht for the new terminal. With 30,000m² of space, the new facility will be able to handle 3 million passengers a year.
The government also plans to add new facilities including a third passenger terminal, a 675 rai commercial area, a new runway, a 200 rai training centre and a free-trade zone.
The airport expansion is part of the government's plan to promote the Kingdom as a regional aviation hub. It will link to the Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang international airports by high-speed train in the future.
The Pacific Asia Travel Association (Pata) is accepting submissions for the Pata Face of the Future 2020.
To highlight Pata's commitment to human capital development, the association annually presents the award and prize to a young tourism professional who is making a meaningful and effective contribution to the responsible development of the travel and tourism industry.
To be eligible, one must be 18-35 years old, work for a Pata member organisation, or be enrolled in postgraduate travel and tourism studies at a Pata-member educational institution.
Deadline for submissions is Feb 10.
- Nok Air will launch direct flights from Bangkok to Hiroshima, starting on Dec 18.
The service will be available three times a week, on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The flight will depart Don Mueang at 2.30pm and arrive in Hiroshima at 10am. The return flight will depart Hiroshima at 11am and arrive in Bangkok at 3.15pm. Flying time is about six hours.
- Thai VietJet will launch direct flights between Rayong and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, starting on Dec 23.
The daily flight will depart from U-Tapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport at 11.25am and arrive in Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City at 12.55pm.
The return flight will take off from Ho Chi Minh City at 1.25pm and arrive in Rayong at 2.40pm. Travel time is one hour and 30 minutes.
HOTEL DEALS & UPDATE
- The Siam in Bangkok's Dusit district offers a four-day Siam Wellness Programme with the support of Dr Adrish Brahmadatta, a renowned yogi and Ayurvedic doctor.
The package includes a three-night stay in Siam Suite, daily half-board (food only), wellness consultation, sauna and steam, and a choice of the Siam Ayurveda (five Ayurveda courses and two-hour yoga), The Siam Wellness (two Ayurveda courses, three-hour yoga, 1.5 hours reiki or energy healing and 1.5 hours meditation) and The Siam Yoga (six hours yoga, 1.5 hours reiki, one hour meditation and three rounds of 60-minute daily treatments).
The Siam Wellness programme starts at 69,000++baht for one person and 99,000++ baht for two persons.
- Dusit Thani Hua Hin has completed the first stage of renovation on 204 rooms and suites, out of 296 rooms in total. The renovated rooms are redecorated in warm, bright and earthy tones, with natural white-woodgrain oak furniture. The hotel also refurbished the Royal Dusit Grand Ballroom in a new earth-tone colour and carpet featuring traditional Thai patterns. The room can accommodate up to 1,000 guests and can be divided into two function rooms.
The property occupies a 114 rai plot of beachfront land in Prachuap Khiri Khan, near the seaside towns of Cha-am and Hua Hin. It offers nine room types including Superior (36m²), Family Suite (75m²) and Presidential Suite (170m²).
The hotel expects to complete the remaining 92 guest rooms within the next year.
- Wora Bura Hua Hin Resort & Spa in Prachuap Khiri Khan offers a Relax & Relief package.
Available until Dec 23, the programme includes a night's stay in a Deluxe room, breakfast, one-hour Thai Massage for two, early check-in and late check-out (subject to availability). The price for one night is 5,500 baht. The hotel also provides complimentary bicycle service and shuttle to Hua Hin city centre.
Email email@example.com if you have any comments to share.