Subway museum ready to open
Museum Siam has joined hands with Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand and Bangkok Expressway and Metro Plc to launch a museum section inside Sanam Chai subway station next month.
The exhibit will be located next to the entrance and exit gate leading to Museum Siam, according to Rames Promyen, director-general of the National Discovery Museum Institute, or Museum Siam.
The on-site museum will exhibit historical information and models of historical places in the area. There will also be multimedia presentations to lure the attention of commuters.
New Chumphon viewpoint
Chumphon has launched a new tourism attraction at the top of Khao Khieo community forest in tambon Na Pho of Sawi district.
The hilltop is about 400m above sea level. It can be accessed by foot on a 1km trail or by an off-road vehicle. The highlight is a 360-degree view of mountain ranges, with a sea of fog early in the morning. Visitors also can have a bird's-eye view of the Gulf of Thailand.
The access to Khao Khieo community forest is located in Ban Huai Kruad community. It is about 1.2km from Thanyaram temple also known as Wat Khao Suan Durian.
To explore the forest, contact Sa-ad Khunpaeng, the village head of Ban Huai Kruad at 083-391-5265.
- NokAir will resume direct flights from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani and to Ubon Ratchathani, starting on July 1.
The flights to Udon Thani will be available daily. It will depart from Chiang Mai airport at 2.15pm and the return flight from Udon Thani will depart at 3.45pm. The travel time is about one hour. The flights to Ubon Ratchathani will run four times a week. It will depart from Chiang Mai airport at 9.25am. The return flight from Ubon Ratchathani will depart at 11.50am. The flying time is about two hours.
- Bangkok Airways offers web promotion for the Bangkok-Koh Samui route.
Fares for a one-way economy class ticket start from 2,300 baht net for Bangkok to Koh Samui and 2,500 baht net for a ticket from Koh Samui to Bangkok. The fare includes 40kg baggage allowance. Booking is available until July 31 for travelling until Oct 24.
HOTEL DEALS & UPDATE
- Anurak Lodge in tambon Klong Sok, in Surat Thai's Phanom district, launches the "Rainforest Rising" package offering a night stay at 900 baht net. The price includes accommodation in a deluxe bungalow, breakfast for two, and an option of planting a tree with one free T-shirt. The resort also offers free access to bicycles and the Anurak Trail (no guide).
The booking period is available until Aug 20 for stays between July 1 and Sept 30.
- Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya introduces "Together Again #safeandsound" programmes to mark its reopening after lockdown.
The prices start at 1,500 baht net a night for Deluxe City View room without breakfast, 10% discount for F&B outlets, spa and merchandise at Rock Shop.
The booking period is open until July 18 for stays from July 1 to Dec 24.
- Shangri-La Hotel introduces the "Shangri-La Staycation" package.
The prices start from 3,900 baht net for a night stay in a Deluxe Room. The promotion includes daily breakfast, complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe River View room and a 24-hour stay meaning guests can check in anytime and keep the room for 24 hours.
This offer is available until Dec 24.
- Hyatt Regency Hua Hin introduces a "Stay With Confidence" promotion with room rates starting at 4,500 baht per night.
The offer includes complimentary breakfast for two, complimentary meal for one child (under 12 years of age) with a second child entitled to a 50% discount on the kid's menu, 15% discount on food and beverage from the à la carte menu and The Barai spa voucher worth 1,000 baht per person per stay.
The promotion is available for Thai residents and will have a surcharge of 1,500 baht net per room per night for staying on Saturdays and long weekends.
The booking period is available until Sept 8 for stays from now until Dec 20.
Visit hyattregencyhuahin.com and quote "Thai" in special offer code.
Email email@example.com if you have any comments to share.