New bike lane opened
The Department of Rural Roads has launched a bicycle lane to promote green tourism in Wang Nam Khieo district of Nakhon Ratchasima.
The facility is part of the department's 349 million baht project to improve Road 3052, off Highway 304. The newly renovated two-lane road also has a cycling lane as a shoulder on both sides with a designated sign starting on KM 16-20 on Road 3052. The distance is about 60km.
The bicycle lane will facilitate cyclists who want to ride bicycles to popular attractions such as Khao Yai National Park, Khao Phaeng Ma viewpoint and Ban San Kamphaeng reservoir, previously known as Lam Phra Phloeng dam.
Green vlog contest
Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organisation of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment has launched a "Low Carbon Contest: Vlog -- The Journey" contest.
The aim is to promote green travel. Applicants can work as individuals or a team. They must produce a video clip at least five to 30 minutes. The story must have at least one vlogger who can present low-carbon emission activities throughout his or her journey. The programme can be produced in Thai, English or in a local dialect.
Three winners will each receive a 30,000 baht cash prize. Participants will have a chance to win seven prizes for honourable mentions (7,000 baht each) and three popular votes (5,000 baht each).
Registration is available until July 19 and the last day for submitting vlogs is Aug 20.
- Bangkok Airways has opened daily flights from Bangkok to Phuket and Koh Samui to Phuket.
The flight from Bangkok departs Suvarnabhumi airport at 10am. The return flight from Phuket airport will depart at 12.15pm. The flying time is one hour and 25 minutes.
For the flight between Koh Samui and Phuket, the outbound flight departs Samui airport at 11.55am and the inbound flight from Phuket will depart at 1.30pm. The travel time is about one hour.
Visit bangkokair.com or call 1771.
- Thai AirAsia has resumed services to all 23 of its domestic destinations this month.
It will fly 68 return trips a day from 25 routes including regional connections like Chiang Mai-Hat Yai, Chiang Mai-Pattaya (U-Tapao), Hat Yai-Pattaya (U-Tapao) and Khon Kaen-Hat Yai.
- Thai VietJet Air will launch daily direct flights between Bangkok and Nakhon Si Thammarat next month. The first flight will depart Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport on Aug 6 at 11.05am and the return flight will depart Nakhon Si Thammarat airport at 12.50pm. The flying time is one hour and 30 minutes.
HOTEL DEALS & UPDATE
- Agoda has launched a GoLocal initiative for domestic travellers. The promotion offers discounts up to 89% on hotel rooms. The special prices will be promoted as the "GoLocal offer" badge.
- Siam Bayshore Resort Pattaya in Chon Buri offers a promotion price at 1,900 baht net.
The offer includes a night stay in an executive Deluxe room, breakfast for two and free extra bed with breakfast for a child aged under 10 years old.
The booking period will last until July 31 for stays from Aug 1 to Dec 20.
- Lebua Hotels & Resorts introduced a "Special 5" promotion. The programme includes a special rate at 5,000 baht net per room per night in Tower Club Suite with breakfast, late check-out until 5pm and a "5 spices" cocktail for two.
Booking and stay are available until Oct 31 and limited to Thai nationals and residents
- Hop Inn Hotels of the Erawan Group have resumed its operation since July 1. To show gratitude for the reopening, Hop Inn Hotels donated all revenue generated on June 5 from all 40 hotels and contributions of the hotel staff and customers to the Phalang Nam Jai 63 Baht Project Fight against the spread of Covid-19 of the Thai Red Cross Society. The total donation is 1 million baht.
The hotels require guests to wear masks in public areas and encourage them to pay for their rooms with e-payments.
- Hotel Indigo Bangkok Wireless Road has launched the "Dine Now, Stay Later" offer.
The programme offers a 30% rebate on a dining bill as a room credit voucher to be used on a next hotel stay. The hotel will start accepting guests to stay on Aug 1. During this month, only restaurants and bars are opened, except 22 Steps Craft House.
The offer is available until Nov 30 for stays from Aug 1 to Dec 30.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments to share.