Travel desires changing in 2021
Spending more quality time with loved ones is the top thing people look forward to this year, according to the "What Matters 2021" survey of Agoda.
The online survey was conducted between Dec 10-16. The total sample size was 16,064 adults.
It found that one in three people plan to spend more quality time with loved ones while the other top two things to do are being able to travel unhindered (24%) and doing things that matter or make a difference (21%).
Respondents who are 55 and above are most looking forward to travelling unhindered, while those between ages 25-54 want to spend quality time with family and friends, and those 18-24 are most excited about making a difference in 2021.
In 2021, people are committed to travelling differently. They plan to travel more with friends and family, take more spontaneous trips and make more eco-friendly travel choices.
For Thais, the top priority for things to do is spending more quality time with loved ones (48%), getting closer to nature (22%) and doing things that matter or make a difference (17%).
When travelling, they are inclined to travel more with friends and family (43%), make more eco-friendly travel choices (22%) and consciously support less touristy destinations (14%).
SRT caps ticket sales on all routes
The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) will cap ticket availability for all routes at 50% of seat capacity. The aim is to provide social distancing for passengers during the second outbreak of Covid-19.
Before boarding the train, the passengers need to fill in a T8 form which is available at stations. The form is issued by the Ministry of Public Health to monitor and control the spread of Covid-19.
Visit dticket.railway.co.th or use SRT's call centre at 1690.
- Thai Vietjet has launched a "Sky Funner Lucky Draw" campaign to encourage passengers and interested individuals to be loyalty members.
There is no registration fee. Those who apply from now until the end of this month will have a chance to win prizes including complimentary travel PowerPasses for six and 12 months.
- Nok Air has launched a Nok Air Guarantee campaign to offer credit back if the airline cannot fly passengers to their destination on time.
The offer is for passengers who purchase tickets from now until Jan 31 and travel between Jan 15 and June 30. The airline will give credits equal to the amount of airfare on a flight that arrives at least one hour later than its schedule. The credit can be used for a future purchase.
HOTEL DEALS & UPDATE
- U Hotel Sukhumvit has been rebranded to Maitria Mode Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok managed by Chatrium Hospitality.
Located in Sukhumvit 15, the property features 82 rooms ranging from 28m² to 40m², a restaurant, rooftop swimming pool and fitness centre.
- Pullman Khao Lak Resort in Phangnga province has introduced a "Long Stay Workation" package to support guests who need to work from home.
Prices for a night stay starting from 2,201 baht net for a Deluxe Room. It includes breakfast for two people, personal workspaces, complimentary Wi-Fi, the 24-hour fitness centre, morning yoga and meditation classes and sporting activities.
Guests who book one to three weeks will receive 30-40% discounts on food & beverage. The offer is available until Oct 31.
Visit pullmankhaolakresort.com or call 076-592-233.
- Centara Grand at CentralWorld launches "The Place To Be" promotion.
The offer includes daily breakfast, hotel credits up to 1,400 baht a night for purchasing food, beverages or spa treatments, free stay for up to two kids, complimentary Wi-Fi, early check-ins and late check-outs around 9pm for booking from Sunday to Thursday (subject to availability).
The promotion will last until Mar 31 for stay until Jun 30.
Visit centarahotelsresorts.com/centara-place-to-be or call 02-100-1234.
- Anantara Chiang Mai Resort offers a staycation package. Available until April, the offer is for at least two-night bookings. Prices start from 4,450 baht per room per night. Benefits include daily breakfast for two, afternoon tea (one per stay), an immune-boosting 60-minute massage per person per stay, and 500-1,000 resort credits depending on room types.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments to share.