Malaysia puts temporary ban on visitors from Wuhan, Hubei
Macau to deny entry to visitors from Hubei
published : 27 Jan 2020 at 15:57
updated: 27 Jan 2020 at 16:29
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia on Monday imposed a temporary ban on Chinese nationals from the city of Wuhan and its surrounding Hubei province, in a bid to stem the spread of the coronavirus outbreak in the Southeast Asian nation.
The government decided to impose the temporary ban with immediate effect following the rising death toll in China, which reached 81 on Monday, according to a statement issued by the prime minister's office.
Malaysia has so far reported four confirmed cases of the newly identified virus, which can cause pneumonia and has been deadly in some cases. It is still unclear how dangerous it is and how easily it spreads between people.
Macau said on Monday it will deny entry to visitors from Hubei province or those who visited the province 14 days prior to arrival unless they can provide documentation showing they are not infected with the virus that broke out in the province.
Macau's government also said it is banning anyone who had been to Hubei province within 14 days of their arrival in the island from the premises of the city's casinos.