Student hurt in fall from mall escalator
A 12-year-old schoolboy was seriously injured when he fell from a third-floor escalator while reaching for his dropped mobile phone at CentralWorld shopping complex in Bangkok on Thursday afternoon.
The boy, from a school in Chiang Mai, landed on the first floor inside the mall. He was rushed into the adjacent Police General Hospital.
The accident occurred about 2.40pm.
Police said the injured boy was among 20 students from Chiang Mai in Bangkok with three teachers to take part in an inter-schools contest. The fall was an accident, he said.
The boy’s condition was reported as "safe".
Learn from listening
- adjacent: very near, next to, or touching - ติดกัน
- grab: to take or hold somebody/something with your hand suddenly, firmly or roughly - จับ,ฉวย,คว้า,แย่ง
- occurred (verb): happened - เกิดขึ้น
- promotion: activities done in order to increase the attendance at an event or sales of a product or service - การส่งเสริม
- stretch: to make your arms, legs, or body as straight as possible so that your muscles become long and tight - เหยียดตัว, เหยียดแขนขา
- youth: a boy or a young man - เด็กหนุ่ม, วัยรุ่น