Covid restrictions eased
published : 28 Jan 2021 at 09:21
writer: Gary Boyle
Dine-in restaurants will be allowed to remain open until 11pm and alcohol can be served in all provinces except Samut Sakhon, which remains a maximum and strict "dark red" control zone.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said authorities still plan to keep greater Bangkok a red zone, for maximum Covid-19 control, but restrictions on businesses and activities could be eased in other areas next month.
Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani should remain maximum control zones because of their high numbers of new coronavirus cases.
Samut Sakhon will remain a maximum and strict control zone or "dark red zone".
In Samut Sakhon, flea markets, restaurants, department stores and factories will be allowed to reopen.
Restaurants will be for takeaways only and department stores must close at 9pm. Factories must have preventive measures.
In a maximum control zone, pubs, bars and karaoke parlours must remain closed. Dine-in restaurants must have social distancing and close before 11pm, while the sale of alcohol at restaurants will be allowed until 11pm. Musical performances will be allowed but dancing will not.
Schools in all areas across the country except Samut Sakhon are allowed to reopen but with preventive measures in place such as alternate day school schedules, social distancing and online learning.
Education Minister Nataphol Teepsuwan said most schools would be allowed to reopen from next week, including those in Bangkok, in response to declines in new coronavirus infections.
The move follows an easing of some curbs last week in Bangkok, including on some sports and leisure activities, but bars and night entertainment venues remain closed.
Learn from listening
- allow: to let somebody/something do something; to let something happen or be done - อนุญาต, ยอมรับ
- alternate (verb): to happening or follow one after the other regularly สลับกัน - สลับกัน
- curb (noun): something that controls and puts limits on something - สิ่งควบคุม, สิ่งจำกัด, สิ่งระงับ
- decline: becoming less - การลดลง
- ease: to make a problem, situation or pain less severe or serious - บรรเทา
- flea market: an outdoor market that sells second-hand (= old or used) goods at low prices - ตลาดนัด ตลาดของมือสอง
- preventive measure: an action which is intended to try to stop something that causes problems or difficulties from happening - มาตรการป้องกัน
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- spokesman: a person who speaks on behalf of a group or an organization - โฆษก
- zone: an area that has an important or typical feature; an area where a particular activity is allowed or not allowed - พื้นที่, บริเวณ, เขต