Covid-19 restrictions eased
Officials in Bangkok on Tuesday began to loosen Covid-19 restrictions, allowing transit passengers at Suvarnabhumi airport and alcohol to be served in restaurants and pubs until 11pm.
Transit passengers at Suvarnabhumi had to show fit-to-fly and Covid-free certificates, as well as health insurance documents.
"Their stay at the airport is limited to 12 hours. They will be confined to a specific area in the terminal, and not be allowed to visit shops there," said Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin.
Dr Taweesilp also said that visiting yacht owners had asked to be allowed to quarantine aboard their boats for 14 days, instead of having to stay on the boat for 14 days, then face another 14-day quarantine on land after disembarking.
"Yacht crews and their passengers might even be allowed to swim in the sea during their quarantine period," said Dr Taweesilp.
"The disease can't be transmitted in sea water."
The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) on Tuesday said that City Hall had agreed that entertainment venues, pubs, bars, karaoke shops and soapy massage parlours should be allowed to resume normal opening hours.
The BMA's relaxed measures came into effect on Tuesday.
Learn from listening
- City Hall: a city government, in this case, the Bangkok city government - กรุงเทพมหานคร
- confined: kept somewhere and not allowed to leave; detention - ถูกกักตัว
- disembark: to leave a vehicle, especially a ship or an aircraft, at the end of a journey - ออกจากพาหนะ
- ease: to make or become less severe, difficult, unpleasant, painful, etc - ทำให้ง่าย
- fit (adj.): healthy and strong, especially because you do regular physical exercise - ที่มีสุขภาพดี, แข็งแรง, ที่เตรียมพร้อม
- insurance: an arrangement in which you regularly pay an insurance company an amount of money so that they will give you money if something you own is damaged, lost, or stolen, or if you die or are ill or injured - การประกัน
- measure: a firm action taken to solve a problem or stop a dangerous unpleasant situation - มาตราการ
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- transit: the act of moving something from one place to another - การส่งผ่าน
- transmitted (verb): sent, spread from one person or animal to another - ส่ง, ถ่าย
- yacht: a large expensive boat that is often used for racing or sailing - เรือยอชท์, เรือท่องเที่ยว,เรือเที่ยวเล่น,เรือแข่ง