Sinovac problems for seven recipients
Seven people suffered problems after receiving the Sinovac vaccine, a doctor from Chulalongkorn University said.
Thiravat Hemachudha of Chulalongkorn University posted on Facebook on Tuesday that six of them had partial paralysis in Rayong and one in Chon Buri.
Their conditions improved after doctors gave medication to dissolve blood clots, Dr Thiravat posted.
Learn from listening
- blood clot: when blood turns from liquid to solid form in blood vessels which can block blood vessels leading to problems such as heart attacks or strokes - ลิ่มเลือด
- condition: the physical state of a person or animal, especially how healthy they are - อาการ, สุขภาพ
- contagious: of a disease that can be caught by touching someone with the disease or a piece of infected clothing - ซึ่งแพร่กระจายได้ง่าย
- dissolve: to be absorbed by a liquid, especially when mixed - ละลาย
- intensive care unit (noun): (ICU) the department of a hospital for people who are so ill or badly injured that they need to have special medical care and be watched very closely - ห้องดูแลผู้ป่วยหนักในโรงพยาบาล
- lot: a group or set of things or people - ชุด,รุ่น
- medication: a medicine, or a set of medicines or drugs used to improve a particular condition or illness - ยารักษาโรค
- paralysis: not able to move or do things - อัมพาต
- partial: in part, but not complete - บางส่วน
- recipient: someone who receives something - ผู้ได้รับ