32 Covid deaths, 4,887 new cases Thursday
There were 32 new Covid-19 deaths over the past 24 hours, and 4,887 new cases, raising the total to 93,794, the Public Health Ministry reported on Thursday.
The record surge in daily new cases included 2,835 infections reported in prisons, while new cases outside prisons totalled 2,052. The previous daily high was 2,839 cases announced on April 24.
The number of fatalities fell below the record daily high of 34 Covid-19 related deaths reported on Wednesday.
Total cases in the third wave of Covid-19 from the beginning of last month rose to 64,891. Of these, 33,189 patients had recovered, including 1,572 who were discharged on Wednesday.
The death toll is now 518.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- surge: a sudden increase in something - การเพิ่มขึ้นอย่างรวดเร็ว