Ditch your Moderna order, get Pfizer: Anutin
Deputy Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Tuesday urged those who are still waiting for a Moderna Covid-19 vaccine to give up and get the Pfizer vaccine from the government.
His advice came as he asked all provincial health offices to try and get those unvaccinated against Covid-19 in their area vaccinated.
"Ditch your vaccine orders and come for vaccines from the government… Those who have ordered a Moderna [vaccine] jab but have yet to receive it, come to us and we will give you Pfizer [vaccine] instead," he said.
As of Tuesday, more than 90 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines had been administered under the government's inoculation campaign.
The minister noted that while the government can give up to one million doses each day, the rate of vaccination has been declining in recent weeks.
However, he added, the decline might simply be due to the fact that many people have already had their jabs.
Learn from listening
- campaign: a planned series of activities - การรณรงค์
- decline: becoming less - การลดลง
- ditch (verb): (informal) to abandon; to get rid of something/somebody because you no longer want or need it/them - ละทิ้ง, ทิ้งไว้
- dose: an amount of drug that has been measured so that you can take it - ปริมาณยาที่ให้ต่อครั้ง
- inoculation (noun): an act of protecting a person or an animal from catching a particular disease by injecting them with a mild form of the disease - การฉีดวัคซีน,
- instead (adv): in the place of somebody/something - แทน, แทนที่
- provincial (adj): related to "provinces" , the different parts of a country - ประจำจังหวัด, ส่วนท้องถิ่น
- vaccinate: to give someone a vaccine, usually by injection (putting a liquid, especially a drug, into a person's body using a needle and a syringe), to prevent them from getting a disease - ฉีดวัคซีน