More police raids of eateries in Pattaya, Khon Kaen
Twelve eateries in Pattaya were found violating Covid-19 restrictions during police raids late on Wednesday night, with many customers, both Thais and foreigners, caught drinking alcohol.
In Khon Kaen, 34 people - including the owner, staff and customers - were caught during a police raid on a restaurant that found alcohol was being consumed.
Police inspected eateries in Pattaya on Wednesday night.
Many were found following the rules by stopping service at 9pm. However, 12 venues were flouting Covid-19 restrictions by serving alcoholic beverages to customers.
Hot Shots in Soi Pattaya 6 had closed its front door, but was still serving customers inside. Police ordered staff to let them in and found many customers, both Thais and foreigners, were still drinking inside. All were detained, but police did not provide the number.
At 9 Klom, staff had covered the front of the shop and let customers drink alcohol inside. Alcoholic drinks were poured into plastic jugs to deceive police, the arresting team said.
A total of 12 shops in Pattaya were found to have breached Covid-19 restrictions. Owners, staff and customers were handed over to the Pattaya police station for legal action.
In the northeastern province of Khon Kaen, police arrested 34 people - including two managers and eight staff - at a restaurant in Muang district for breaching Covid-19 restrictions during a raid in the early hours of Thursday.
Learn from listening
- breach (verb): to fail to follow a law, rule or agreement - ละเมิดกฎข้อบังคับ, ละเมิดสัญญา
- deceive: to persuade someone that something false is the truth - หลอก
- detain: to keep someone in a police station or prison and not allow them to leave - กักตัว ควบคุมตัวหรือฝากขัง
- eatery: a restaurant - ภัตตาคาร
- flout (verb): to intentionally not obey a rule, law, or custom - ไม่เคารพกฎหมาย
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม