Teacher faces charges over nude pics
A high school teacher in Chiang Mai has been charged with taking pornographic photos and videos of his male students.
The suspect, identified only as Yos, 53, was caught on Friday outside a school in tambon Tha Sala in Muang district.
Police seized a hard drive containing 14 gigabytes of pornographic photos and videos from the suspect.
According to police, the suspect persuaded dozens of his male students to agree to have nude photos and videos taken, which he stored on the drive.
The suspect reportedly admitted that he took the photos and videos for personal entertainment. He said he did not sell or use them to exploit his students.
However, police discovered that Mr Yos had uploaded many pornographic photos and videos depicting young boys online.
The suspect reportedly said the boys had consented to posing for the pictures and videos.
Police said there was no evidence of the teacher threatening the students into posing.
Police are now in the process of establishing how many students were involved. Some of the photos and videos had been on the hard drive for a long time and more time would be needed to investigate, they said.
Aside from being a teacher, Mr Yos has been a football coach at the school for more than 20 years.
Learn from listening
- charge : an official statement accusing someone of committing a crime - ข้อกล่าวหา
- consent: to give permission to do something - ยอมให้ทำ, อนุญาต
- establish: to determine; to discover something by examining evidence to or calculate something - กำหนด, ระบุ, แสดงผล
- exploit: to treat someone unfairly in order to get some benefit for yourself - หาประโยชน์จาก
- nude: not wearing any clothes - เปลือยกาย
- persuade: to make someone agree to do something by giving them reasons why they should - โน้มน้าวใจ เกลี้ยกล่อม
- pornographic: describing or showing naked people and sexual acts in order to make people feel sexually excited, especially in a way that many other people find offensive - ลามก
- suspect: a person who is thought to have committed a crime - ผู้ต้องสงสัย
- threaten (verb): to say or indicate that you might do something bad or harmful, especially in order to make someone do something - ขู่เข็ญ คุกคาม ทำให้กลัว