Monday: 5 more Covid cases
The government on Monday reported five new imported coronavirus cases, taking the total in Thailand to 3,195.
Three tested positive for the virus on Thursday and the other two on Sunday. None of them showed symptoms of the disease.
Two infections were found yesterday on the same flight from Kuwait, which is now second to Indonesia on the list of sources of imported coronavirus cases in Thailand, according to the Disease Control Department. A particularly high percentage of people returning from Kuwait have tested positive.
The government found 69 out of 1,292 Thais who returned from Indonesia were infected – and 49 out of 292 from Kuwait.
The novel coronavirus has killed 58 people in Thailand since it was first detected in January, while 3,038 patients have recovered.
One person was added to the tally of recovered cases in the past 24 hours, and 65 are hospitalised.
- detect: to notice, to discover or find out - พบได้, สังเกต
- hospitalise: to send somebody to a hospital for treatment - ให้อยู่โรงพยาบาล
- labourer: a person whose job involves hard physical work that is not skilled, especially work that is done outdoors - กรรมกร, ผู้ใช้แรงงาน
- masseuse: a woman whose job is to give people massages - หมอนวดที่เป็นหญิง
- quarantine (noun): a situation in which a person or animal that might have a disease is kept separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - การกักบริเวณ, การจำกัดบริเวณ
- state: government - รัฐ
- symptom: a sign that someone has an illness - อาการ
- tally: a record or count of a number of items - การบันทึกจำนวน
- test positive: to show in a medical test that a particular virus, bacteria, disease or drug is present in the body - ตรวจพบว่าติดเชื้อ