42 new Covid cases, 1 death
Thailand on Tuesday reported 42 new Covid-19 cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 26,073. One death was reported, increasing the total to 84.
Of the 42 new cases, 35 were reported from hospitals, four were diagnosed during active case finding and three were found in arrivals from abroad.
More than half of newly recorded infections were in Samut Sakhon province, which logged 24 new cases comprising 12 Thais and 12 Myanmar nationals.
Pathum Thani recorded eight new cases -- six Thais in addition to one Myanmarese and one Cambodian national.
Tak logged four new cases, three Myanmarese nationals and one Thai. Bangkok, Nonthaburi and Nakhon Pathom had one new case each.
The three imported cases were quarantined arrivals from the United Arab Emirates, Serbia and Germany.
- active case finding: when health staff reach out to a community and test people to find cases of a disease -
- comprising: consisting of - ประกอบด้วย
- deteriorated: became worse - ทรุดโทรม, เสื่อมโทรม, เลวลง, ชำรุด
- diabetes: a serious medical condition in which your body does not produce enough insulin to reduce the amount of sugar in the blood - โรคเบาหวาน
- diagnose: to find out what physical or mental problem someone has by examining them - วินิจฉัย,ตรวจโรค
- fatigue: extreme physical tiredness usually because of exertion or illness - ความเหนื่อยล้า
- hypertension: high blood pressure - ความดันโลหิตสูง
- quarantine (noun): a situation in which a person or animal that might have a disease is kept separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - การกักบริเวณ, การจำกัดบริเวณ
- syringe: a hollow cylindrical piece of equipment which is used for sucking liquid out of, or pushing liquid into something, especially one with a needle - หลอดดูดยา
- vendor: someone who sells something, but often not in a shop - พ่อค้าแม่ค้าแผงลอย
- ventilator (noun): a piece of equipment with a pump that helps somebody to breathe by sending air in and out of their lungs - เครื่องช่วยหายใจ