Masks needed in cars with more than 1 person
Wearing a face mask is compulsory in all vehicles carrying more than one person in Bangkok.
City Hall confirmed the requirement, part of measures by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to contain the coronavirus outbreak.
If there is more than one person in the vehicle, the driver and passengers must wear masks. This applies even if they are of the same family.
The explanation is to clear up questions raised on social media after the BMA issued the rule on Sunday, effective from Monday.
People who fail to wear a mask when away from their home face a fine of up to 20,000 baht.
Learn from listening
- apply: to concern or relate to somebody/something - ทำให้เกี่ยวข้องกับ, ทำให้มีผลต่อ
- compulsory: if something is compulsory, you must do it because of a rule or law - ที่จำเป็นต้องทำ
- effective: officially begun to be used ; to take effect - มีผล
- explanation (noun): a description of how something happened or happens; giving the reasons why it happened - การอธิบาย, การชี้แจง, การขยายความ, คำอธิบาย
- fine: an amount of money that you have to pay because you have broken the law - ค่าปรับ
- requirement: something that you must have or do in order to do or get something else - ข้อกำหนด, ข้อบังคับ
- vehicle: a machine that you travel in or on, especially one with an engine that travels on roads, e.g., a car, bus, van, truck, etc. - ยานพาหนะ