31 Covid deaths, 1,900-plus new infections
published : 11 May 2021 at 13:31
writer: R May
The government on Tuesday reported another 31 Covid-19 deaths.
Of these, 29,611 had recovered, including 1,829 discharged over the past 24 hours.
Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said during his daily briefing that 17 of the 31 deaths were in Bangkok; two each in Nonthaburi, Suphanburi, Chon Buri and Nakhon Si Thammarat provinces; and one each in Nakhon Pathom, Pathumthani, Samut Prakan, Lampang, Chiang Mai and Phichit.
He said those who died ranged in age from 34 to 94 years old.
Seventeen fatalities caught Covid-19 from infected relatives and four from colleagues. Two visited markets. Two more visited at-risk provinces. One was in close contact with a previously confirmed case. Another worked at an entertainment venue.
- case: a particular situation or a situation of a particular type - กรณี, เหตุการณ์, สถานการณ์
- colleagues (noun): people who work in the same organisation, department or field as you do - เพื่อนร่วมงาน
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- figure: a number representing a particular amount, especially one given in official information - ตัวเลข, จำนวนเลข
- infection: a disease or medical condition that is caused by a bacteria or by a virus or a parasite - การติดเชื้อ
- record (verb): to make a written account of something that is kept so that it can be looked at and used in the future - บันทึก, รายงาน
- recover: to become healthy and fit again after an illness or injury - การฟื้นไข้
- report (verb): to tell someone officially that something exists or happened - รายงาน
- toll: the number of deaths and injuries caused by a disaster, accident, disease, etc. - การสูญเสีย
- update: to get or give the most recent information or news about something - ให้ข้อมูลใหม่ๆ
- venue: a place where a public event or meeting takes place - สถานที่ชุมนุม
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -