15,376 new Covid cases Monday
There were record 15,376 new Covid-19 cases and 87 new fatalities over the past 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Monday morning, taking the country's accumulated caseload past half a million.
There were 14,335 cases in the general population and 1,041 among prison inmates.
Over the past 24 hours, 6,782 Covid-19 patients recovered and left hospitals.
Since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 483,815 Covid-19 patients, 314,049 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 512,678 Covid-19 cases, 341,475 of whom recovered.
The death toll was at 4,052 in the third wave and 4,146 from the beginning of the pandemic early last year.
Dr Apisamai Srirangson of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said the 87 new fatalities were 28-96 years old.
Bangkok logged 40 new deaths and 2,573 new cases, followed by 1,074 cases in Samut Sakhon, 970 in Samut Prakan, 867 in Chon Buri, 719 in Nonthaburi, 411 in Rayong, 320 in Chachoengsao, 311 in Nakhon Pathom, 301 in Pathum Thani and 290 in Ayutthaya.
The 14 imported cases were from Malaysia (10 illegal returnees), Cambodia (2 illegal returnees), Russia (1) and Switzerland (1).
- case: a particular situation or a situation of a particular type - กรณี, เหตุการณ์, สถานการณ์
- illegal: against the law - ผิดกฎหมาย, นอกกฎหมาย
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- patient: someone who is receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- returnee: someone who is "returning" to some place -