13,798 new Covid cases, 144 more deaths
Thailand logged 13,798 new Covid-19 cases and 144 more fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Wednesday morning.
On Tuesday, 14,133 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,391,477 Covid-19 patients, 1,249,603 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,420,340 Covid-19 cases, with 1,277,029 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 14,671 during the third wave and 14,775 since the beginning of the pandemic.
The kingdom's all-time 24-hour high of Covid-19 fatalities was 312 recorded on Aug 18. The highest number of cases was 23,418 on Aug 13.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- general population (noun): the people who live in an area, region or country - ประชาชน, สาธารณชน, มหาชน
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล