Flooding in 30 provinces leaves 6 dead
Storm Dianmu left six people dead in its wake, with two others missing, and caused flooding in 30 provinces since Sept 23.
The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation issued its summary on Tuesday.
The storm killed six people - five in Lop Buri and one in Phetchabun. Two other people were still missing, one in each of the two provinces.
The report said the storm caused flooding in Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Tak, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Loei, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Yasothon, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket, Ubon Ratchathani, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Lop Buri, Suphan Buri, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya and Nakhon Pathom.
Flooding had receded in Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Buri Ram, Nakhon Pathom, Yasothon and Surin.
Disaster zones were declared for 23 provinces:
- Kamphaeng Phet
- Khon Kaen
- Nakhon Ratchasima
- Ubon Ratchathani
- Sa Kaeo
- Nakhon Sawan
- Uthai Thani
- Chai Nat
- Lop Buri
- Suphan Buri
- Sing Buri
- Ang Thong
- Si Sa Ket
- Prachin Buri
- declare: to announce officially - ประกาศ
- Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation: a department within the Ministry of the Interior in charge of making preparations for disasters, warning citizens of dangers and organising relief efforts when a disaster occurs - กรมป้องกันและบรรเทาสาธารณภัย
- disaster: an extremely bad situation - ความโชคร้าย
- recede: to move back; to move further away into the distance; subside - ลดลง, ถอยหลัง
- storm: bad weather with strong winds - พายุ