10,486 new Covid cases, 94 deaths Friday
There were 10,486 new Covid-19 cases and 94 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Friday morning.
There were 10,319 cases in the general population and 167 in prisons.
The number of new cases dropped from the 11,276 announced on Thursday, when the country recorded 112 more deaths.
On Thursday, 10,711 Covid-19 patients left hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,733,327 Covid-19 patients, 1,609,035 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,762,190 Covid-19 cases, with 1,636,461 complete recoveries so far.
The death toll stood at 18,029 during the third wave and 18,123 since the beginning of the pandemic.
- announce: to tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc - ประกาศ, แจ้ง, แจ้งให้ทราบ
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- recovery (noun): the process of becoming normal and healthy again - การฟื้นตัว, การฟื้นฟู
- treat: to provide medical care - รักษา