8,918 new Covid cases, 79 deaths
Thailand logged 8,918 new Covid-19 cases and 79 fatalities during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Wednesday morning.
On Tuesday, 10,878 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,782,989 Covid-19 patients, 1,662,433 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,811,852 Covid-19 cases, with 1,689,859 complete recoveries so far.
The kingdom’s all-time 24-hour high of Covid-19 fatalities was 312 recorded on Aug 18. The highest number of cases was 23,418 on Aug 13.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -