8,452 new Covid cases, 57 more deaths
There were 8,452 new Covid-19 cases and 57 more fatalities recorded during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Wednesday morning.
The number of new cases dropped from the 7,706 announced on Tuesday, when the country recorded 66 more deaths.
On Tuesday, 8,449 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovering from the coronavirus.
Since April 1, when the third wave of Covid-19 began, Thailand has treated 1,846,452 Covid-19 patients, 1,730,871 of whom have recovered to date.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 1,875,315 Covid-19 cases, with 1,758,297 complete recoveries so far.
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- physical: involving people touching or hitting each other a lot - ออกแรง
- record (verb): to make a written account of something that is kept so that it can be looked at and used in the future - บันทึก, รายงาน
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -