Entry requirements clarified for overseas visitors
published : 10 Jan 2023 at 09:24
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Post Reporters
The government clarified the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand's rules for incoming international passengers on Monday, scrapping a rule which required inbound travellers to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
While incoming passengers won't be asked to produce a Covid-19 vaccination certificate upon arriving in Thailand, travellers are urged to take note of additional rules which might impact their journey. These include:
- Passengers whose flights originated in a country that still has Covid-19 travel restrictions, which may prevent them from returning in the case of infection, are required to purchase health insurance. The policy must cover at least US$10,000 of Covid-19 treatment plus an additional seven days.
- Incoming students and business travellers may be exempted from purchasing health insurance if they are able to show that their hosts have agreed to cover the costs of Covid-19 treatment throughout the duration of their stay in Thailand.
- Holders of Thai passports and transit/transfer passengers are exempted from vaccination checks and health insurance requirements.
- Passengers who fail to produce the required documents must be subjected to Covid-19 testing at the port of arrival.
- Airlines must adhere to and ask passengers to comply with related public health regulations, such as wearing masks at all times except during meals or emergency situations.
- Passengers who develop Covid-19 symptoms en route shall be tested upon arrival.
Learn from listening
Click play to listen to audio for this story, or download to save the file
- adhere to: to obey a rule, law, agreement, etc. - ทำตามกฎหมาย
- certificate: an official document or record stating that particular facts are true - หนังสือรับรอง
- clarify: to explain something more clearly so that it is easier to understand - แจกแจง ชี้แจง
- en route: on the way; bound for; while travelling from/to a particular place - มุ่งหน้าไป, ระหว่างทางไปถึงจุดหมายปลายทาง
- exempted: not having to follow a rule or obligation or make a payment - ยกเว้น
- impact (verb): to have an effect or influence on someone/something - มีผลกระทบ
- insurance: an arrangement in which you regularly pay an insurance company an amount of money so that they will give you money if something you own is damaged, lost, or stolen, or if you die or are ill or injured - การประกัน
- originate: to come from a particular place, time, situation, etc - มาจาก, ริเริ่มจาก
- policy: a written statement of a contract of insurance - กรมธรรม์ประกันภัย
- proof: information, documents, etc. that show that something is true - การพิสูจน์
- subject to: affected by - ได้รับผล
Do you like the content of this article?