32 rubber ducks found in dog's stomach
A Pattaya vet has warned dog lovers to stop buying toy ducks for their pets to play with, after removing 32 small rubber ducks from a Bulldog's stomach.
The warning, together with a video, was posted on the Mor Mui Pattaya Ban Mor Rak Sat Facebook page.
“It was not the first time I have had to perform surgery to remove toy ducks a from dog's stomach. But this is the highest number of rubber ducks I have ever removed. The owner of Davel phoned me yesterday, saying she wanted her pet X-rayed to see how many more toy ducks were in his stomach after Davel vomited up five of them," the post said. "The X-ray showed his stomach was so full of toy ducks I could not tell exactly how many."
She told the woman she would have to operate to remove the toys before they moved into the animal's intestine.
"He might be angry with me. As he walked toward his owner he didn’t turn back when I called him. Please share this story. I don’t want to see other dogs hurting like Davel.’’
The story spread quickly online, raising concerns about animal welfare.
Learn from listening
- concern: a worry - ความกังวล
- intestine: the long tube in your body that processes food and carries waste out of your body - ลำไส้
- rubber (noun): a bouncy, elastic material used in car tires and waterproof gloves - กล้ายาง
- stomach (n): the internal organ in which the major part of the digestion of food occurs -
- surgery: medical treatment in which a doctor cuts open someone’s body - การทำศัลยกรรม
- veterinarian: a person with a medical degree trained to take care of the health of animals - สัตวแพทย์
- vomit: to empty the contents of the stomach through the mouth - อาเจียน