Six senior officials dismissed on King's orders
published : 24 Oct 2019 at 02:32
His Majesty the King has issued two royal commands dismissing six officials attached to royal guard units and the Royal Household Bureau, for serious disciplinary violations.
The dismissals were published in the Royal Gazette and announced on Wednesday.
The first command, dated Oct 23, ordered that Pol Lt Gen Sakolket Chantra of the Royal Household Bureau be dismissed and stripped of his rank and royal decorations.
The command said he had acted deplorably by misusing his state position for his own and others’ gain and failed to perform his duty in line with regulations, causing serious damage to the state.
The order took retroactive effect on Sept 1.
The second command, also dated Oct 23, ordered the dismissal of five state officials.
They are Maj Gen Khun Tharinee Rodson, attached to the Ratcha Wallop Royal Guards’ Royal Security Command; Khunying Thidarat Thamraksa, attached to the Royal Guards 904 Division; Maj Gen Warinporn Kanisornsophon, attached to the Royal Guards 904; Lt Peera Mongkolchairerk, attached to the Royal Guards 904; and Lt Chayanan Pangsang, attached to the Ratcha Wallop Royal Guards Royal Security Command.
The officials were also stripped of military rank and any royal decorations.
The command cited their deplorable conduct which breached disciplinary rules. Like Pol Lt Gen Sakolket, they abused their official positions for their own and others’ gain and failed to comply with regulations, causing serious damage to the state.
The command retroactively went into effect on Tuesday.
- command: an order - คำสั่ง
- decoration: a medal given to someone and worn as an honour - เครื่องราชอิสริยาภรณ์, เครื่องยศ, เครื่องหมายเกียรติยศ
- deplorable: very bad and unacceptable, often in a way that shocks people - น่าตำหนิ, น่าสังเวช
- dismissal: forcing someone to leave their job - การไล่ออกจากตำแหน่ง
- rank: someone’s official position in the armed forces, police, fire services, etc. - ยศ, ตำแหน่ง
- regulation: an official rule that controls the way that things are done - กฎระเบียบ
- retroactive: affecting things that have happened after a particular date in the past, especially before a law was passed or a decision made - ซึ่งมีผลย้อนหลัง
- royal gazette: a royal publication begun in 1858 by King Mongkut (Rama IV) as the official way of announcing news laws, decrees, ministerial proclamations, etc. - ราชกิจจานุเบกษา
- Royal Household Bureau: an agency of the Monarchy of Thailand, responsible for the upkeep of the royal palaces, royal ceremonies, public relations and the management of the royal finances - สำนักพระราชวัง
- stripped: to take something away from someone - ถอน, ยึด