VIDEO: City inspectors sacked for extortion
Three city inspectors, known as thetsakit, have been fired for extorting money from a fruit vendor on the footpath below the BTS Asoke train station.
They have a month in which to appeal the decision, Mr Sakoltee said.
The three were suspended on Oct 17, three days after a video clip showed them receiving an undisclosed amount of money from a vendor on a footpath where selling is prohibited near the BTS Asoke station.
Learn from listening
- appeal: to make a request that a court change a decision of a lower court - ยื่นอุทธรณ์
- disciplinary: related to the punishment of people who do not obey the rules - การลงโทษเนื่องจากการฝ่าฝืนวินัย หรือระเบียบ
- extortion: the crime of trying to obtain something by force or threat - การขู่กรรโชก รีดไถ
- prohibited (adj): not allowed; to banned - ถูกห้าม
- sacked (adj): removed from a job - ถูกปลดออกจากตำแหน่ง
- suspended: not allowed to participate or to do a job for a period of time -
- undisclosed: not reported publicly - ไม่เปิดเผย