Covid spreaders to face legal action
published : 15 Apr 2021 at 09:21
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Post Reporters
Legal action will be taken against entertainment businesses and people who recklessly spread Covid-19.
Nakhon Si Thammarat's public health office and authorities in Bangkok are pressing charges against a Covid-19 patient who boarded a plane after testing positive for Covid-19.
A 26-year-old woman took a flight to Nakhon Si Thammarat from Don Mueang airport on April 11 after being told she was infected.
The patient, who had caused havoc at the airport and anxiety among passengers, would be charged with withholding information.
In Phuket, three entertainment venues linked to the spread of Covid-19 would face legal action, police said on Wednesday.
In Chiang Mai, local authorities on Wednesday pressed charges against a hotel for allegedly failing to follow disease control rules after it failed to collect information from a guest who had travelled from a high-risk area. The guest checked in at the hotel in San Kamphaeng district on April 11, a day after she took a Covid-19 test at a hospital in Bangkok.
She received the test result, which was positive, on April 12.
Learn from listening
- allegedly: claimed to have done something wrong, but not yet proven - ที่กล่าวหา
- anxiety: an uncomfortable feeling of nervousness or worry about something that is happening or might happen in the future - ความวิตกกังวล
- havoc: a situation in which there is a lot of damage or destruction, or in which something cannot continue in its normal way because of problems - ความเสียหายอย่างรุนแรง, ความหายนะ
- legal: relating to the law or lawyers - เกี่ยวกับกฎหมาย
- patient: someone who is receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- press charges: to accuse someone officially of committing a crime - ตั้งข้อกล่าวหา
- withhold: to deliberately not give something to someone - ระงับ, ถอนกลับ