Tangmo's mum forgives, accepts B30m
published : 5 Mar 2022 at 12:12
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Post Reporters
The mother of drowned actress Nida "Tangmo" Patcharaveerapong has said she forgives the owner of the speedboat allegedly involved in the incident leading to her daughter's death, after he offered 30 million baht as compensation.
The mother, Panida Siriyuthayothin, made her remarks during an interview on the Hone Krasae programme on TV Channel 3 yesterday, saying that she completely forgave Tanupat "Por" Lerttaweewit and another male companion, Phaiboon "Robert" Trikanjananun.
Ms Panida said Mr Tanupat is considerate and has phoned her to apologise every day since the incident.
Ms Panida accepted the offer of 30-million-baht compensation from Mr Tanupat, an amount she had proposed.
"Let's say if [Tang] Mo earned one million baht from a TV series. If she had lived for 30 more years, I could multiply that sum by 30. This still excludes lost income from photo sessions as a model," Ms Panida said. Her daughter was 37 when she died.
Ms Panida denied that her forgiveness was based on the promise of compensation.
However, she also expressed disappointment with some of Tangmo's close friends and would not forgive Tangmo's manager, Idsarin "Gatick" Juthasuksawat, for her failure to contact her until three days after the tragedy.
Ms Panida also told programme host Kanchai Kamnerdploy that compensation is unrelated to official matters connected to the case.
After the interview, Dayos Dechjob, Tangmo's cousin, posted a short Facebook message expressing "disappointment" alongside a broken-heart emoticon.
- case: a matter that is being officially investigated, especially by the police - คดี
- compensation: money that someone receives because something bad has happened to them - เงินชดเชย
- considerate: kind and helpful - ที่คิดถึงความคิดของผู้อื่น, ซึ่งพิจารณาอย่างรอบคอบ, เห็นอกเห็นใจ
- denied (verb): said that something is not true or did not happen - ปฏิเสธ
- disappointment: the feeling of being unhappy because something that you hoped for or expected did not happen or because someone or something was not as good as you expected - ความผิดหวัง
- emoticon (noun): a short set of keyboard symbols or images that represents the expression on somebody's face, used in email, etc. to show the feelings of the person sending the message. For example :-) represents a smiling face (when you look at it sideways). - สัญรูปอารมณ์
- exclude: to intentionally not include something - แยกออกไป
- forgive: to stop feeling angry with somebody who has done something to harm, annoy or upset you - ยกโทษให้, อภัยให้
- tragedy : a very sad situation, usually because it involves death or great suffering - โศกนาฎกรรม
- unrelated (adj.): to not be connected with something - ไม่เชื่อมโยงกับ