State of emergency and Covid-19 centre to end
The government will on Oct 1 lift the state of emergency imposed to cope with the coronavirus pandemic and end the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration.
CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said after Friday's meeting that the centre resolved to end the state of emergency imposed since March 24, 2020, and dissolve itself, because the Covid-19 situation was improving.
"People and businesses have resumed normal activities and the Public Health Ministry is redefining Covid-19 as a communicable disease under surveillance, instead of a dangerous communicable disease," Dr Taweesilp said.
The Public Health Ministry would redefine Covid-19 on Oct 1.
The government would continue to provide people with free Covid-19 vaccinations, Dr Taweesilp said.
An adviser to the CCSA said there were 800-1,000 new Covid-19 inpatients and 13,000-14,000 people testing anti-gen positive for the disease on an average day.
"The number of infected people whose cases are not logged would 2-3 times as many. So, there are 30,000-40,000 new Covid-19 cases a day. Most have mild symptoms," he said.
However, he advised people to keep wearing face masks unless they were outdoors.
Learn from listening
- advise: to tell somebody what you think they should do in a particular situation - แนะนำ, แจ้ง
- adviser (noun): a person who gives advice, especially somebody who knows a lot about a particular subject - ที่ปรึกษา
- communicable disease: a disease that can spread from one person or animal to another - โรคที่สามารถติดต่อได้
- dissolve (verb): to officially end a group, a marriage, business agreement, etc. - ยุติ,สิ้นสุด, ยุบ
- impose: to introduce something and force people to accept it - กำหนด,บังคับใช้
- mild: not strong - เบา, ไม่หนัก, ไม่รุนแรง
- redefine (verb): to change the nature or limits of something; to make people consider something in a new way - จำกัดความใหม่
- resolve: to make a formal decision - ตัดสิน, มีมติ
- spokesman: a person who speaks on behalf of a group or an organization - โฆษก
- state of emergency: a dangerous situation in which the government takes on special powers and the rights of the people are often limited in some way - ภาวะฉุกเฉิน
- surveillance: the process of carefully watching a person or place - การเฝ้าตรวจตราอย่างเข้มงวด
- symptoms (noun): signs that someone has an illness - อาการ