Prisoner escapes from hospital
A police hunt was underway for a prisoner serving a drugs sentence who escaped after being taken to a hospital in Khon Kaen province for treatment.
The escapee was named as Bundit Dinchanthuek. He fled from Phon Hospital around 4am on Friday. He was wearing leg chains. Photos of him were circulated online on Friday.
The Phon District Prison posted a message online offering a cash reward of 30,000 baht for information leading to his capture, along with a photo of the prisoner and phone numbers of prison officials people can call.
Police said teams were assigned to hunt down and capture the escapee. The prisoner would not be able to travel far wearing leg chains, they said.
Learn from listening
- capture: to catch someone or something; to take someone as a prisoner - จับ, จับกุม
- chain (noun): a series of connected metal rings, used for pulling or fastening things; a length of chain used for a particular purpose - โซ่
- circulate: to send to many different people - หมุนเวียน
- escape (verb): to get away from a place; to leave a place where you are in danger - หนี
- escapee (noun): a person who has escaped from somewhere - คนหลบหนี
- flee (past form: fled) (verb): to leave a place or person quickly because you are afraid of possible danger or consequences - หนี
- hunt (verb): to look for a person or animal in order to catch them or harm them; to chase wild animals or birds in order to catch or kill them for food, sport or to make money - ตามหา, ล่า
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- reward: money that someone receives for finding and returning something or for helping the police - รางวัล