Prayut to welcome 10 millionth arrival of 2022
published : 9 Dec 2022 at 16:24
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Mongkol Bangprapa
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will be present at Suvarnabhumi airport on Saturday to welcome this year's 10 millionth visitor.
Prayut is due to welcome the 10 millionth visitor arriving on a flight from Saudi Arabia at the airport's Gate 10, according to a government source.
The gesture is part of the Amazing Thailand 10 Million Celebrations event being organised by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to trumpet the country's success in meeting its visitor arrivals target this year.
The recovery in the tourism sector has been picking up pace in the past several months after the country reopened its borders earlier this year.
The tourism sector, hit by the pandemic for more than two years, is reviving to the gradual return of air travel.
The Amazing Thailand 10 Million Celebrations event -- also being held at Don Mueang, U-Tapao, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Krabi and Samui airports, as well as border checkpoints in Nong Khai and Songkhla -- is a way of thanking visitors from around the world for travelling to Thailand and showing their confidence in the country's tourism industry.
At the event, air travellers will be presented with gifts and souvenirs.
- confidence: being certain of your abilities or of having trust in people, plans, or the future - ความมั่นใจ
- gesture: a movement that communicates a feeling or instruction - ลักษณะท่าทาง
- pace (noun): speed -
- revive: to come or bring something back to existence or use - ฟื้นฟู, ทำให้เกิดขึ้นอีก
- sector: a part of a country’s economic or business activity - ภาค (เศรษฐกิจ)
- souvenir: something that you get to remind you later of being at a particular place or event - ของที่ระลึก
- trumpet (verb): to talk about something publicly in a proud or enthusiastic way - ประกาศยกย่อง