Arts teacher on 2 charges after student-sex videos posted
published : 18 Jan 2023 at 13:02
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Prasit Tangprasert
A 37-year-old arts teacher at a school in Nakhon Ratchasima who stabbed himself after videos of him having sex with students went viral has been charged with two offences.
Police said on Wednesday that the teacher was charged with depriving girls aged over 15 years but below 18 of parental care and putting false information into a computer system.
The man had been treated for injuries and discharged from hospital, police said.
The teacher, whose name was not given by police, has been dismissed and is being investigated after videos of him having sex with students were posted on social media on Jan 15. About 10 girls were said to have been sexually exploited by the teacher.
After the scandal broke, the teacher stabbed himself.
The district police chief said investigators were confident they had enough evidence to prosecute the man.
- charge: to accuse someone officially of committing a crime - ตั้งข้อกล่าวหา
- deprive: to prevent someone from having something - ทำให้ไม่ได้รับ
- discharge: to allow someone officially to leave somewhere, especially a hospital or a court of law - ได้รับอนุญาตให้ออกจาก
- dismiss: to force someone to leave their job - ไล่ออกจากตำแหน่ง
- evidence: facts, signs or objects that make you believe that something is true - หลักฐาน,ข้อแสดง
- exploit: to treat someone unfairly in order to get some benefit for yourself - หาประโยชน์จาก
- injury (noun): physical damage done to a person or a part of their body - อาการบาดเจ็บ
- prosecute: to officially accuse someone of a crime and ask a court of law to judge them - ดำเนินคดี
- scandal (noun): a situation in which people behave in a dishonest or immoral way that shocks people - เรื่องอื้อฉาว
- stabbed: when someone is killed or hurt by a knife or other sharp object being pushed into their body - แทงด้วยอาวุธ