Nok Air veteran to launch Really Cool Airlines
published : 23 Mar 2023 at 11:36
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Narumon Kasemsuk
Airline veteran Patee Sarasin is setting up a new long-haul carrier, starting with four aircraft and a goal of 70% foreign passengers.
Mr Patee, chief executive of Really Cool Airlines, said the carrier is in the process of getting a certificate and licence from the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, with both expected in September to allow flights to start in December.
"I would like to help bring tourists to Thailand and change the aviation industry through innovation and technology," he said.
Mr Patee said the airline's service will range between premium and low-cost.
The carrier plans to start with two leased Airbus A330 planes this year, adding two more jets at the beginning of 2024. The company's potential routes are Japan, Australia, the UK, France and China.
Staff recruitment is projected to start around June this year, while the airline is working on details such as pricing and revenue projection, he said.
Mr Patee said the airline will focus solely on international routes to avoid highly competitive domestic routes.
He worked at low-cost carrier Nok Air for 14 years until 2017.
Learn from listening
- aviation: the flying of aircraft - การบิน
- carrier: a company that carries goods or passengers from one place to another, especially by air - บริษัทขนส่ง (โดยเฉพาะสายการบิน)
- chief executive: the person with the highest rank in a company or an organisation - ผู้บริหารสูงสุด
- competitive: involving competition - มีการแข่งขัน
- domestic: inside the country being talked about - ภายในประเทศ
- innovation: the introduction of new things, ideas or ways of doing something; a new idea, way of doing something, etc. that has been introduced or discovered - นวัตกรรม, การคิดขึ้นใหม่, สิ่งที่นำเข้ามาใหม่
- lease (verb): to make a legal agreement which allows someone to pay you money in order to use a building, piece of land, vehicle, etc. for a period of time - ให้เช่า
- licence: an official document that gives someone permission to do or use something - ใบอนุญาต
- potential: possible - ความเป็นไปได้
- premium: of higher quality or more expensive than other similar things - ที่มีคุณภาพสูง, พรีเมี่ยม
- projection: a calculation or guess about the future based on information that you have - การคาดคะเน
- recruitment: the process of finding people to work for a company or become a new member of an organisation - การสรรหาใหม่
- veteran: a person who has a lot of experience in a particular area or activity - สส.)หน้าเก่า, (สส.)หลายสมัย, ผู้อาวุโส, ทหารผ่านศึก