Don Mueang expansion ready to begin
published : 24 Mar 2023 at 09:35
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Online Reporters
Airports of Thailand Plc (AOT) says it is ready to begin work on a 36.8-billion-baht plan to expand the low-cost terminal at Don Mueang Airport.
Construction will begin this year and take until 2029, AOT said, adding that the expansion would increase handling capacity at the airport to 40 million passengers per year from 30 million now.
The investment included 12 aircraft parking stands and 11 jet bridges.
AOT said it would use operating cash flow to fund the investment. The cabinet approved the expansion plan in November last year.
Work under the project is divided into six segments.
The first will involve development of an area to the south of the airport for construction of a third passenger terminal building with a new concourse. A seven-storey car park will be renovated.
Another segment will involve the development of the airport’s northern side, including renovation of aircraft parking bays and expansion of the northern concourse as well as offices and VVIP lounges.
AOT operates six international airports, including Suvarnabhumi, which can handle 45 million passengers annually.
Learn from listening
- annually: happening every year - ทุกๆปีด
- cabinet: the group of government ministers who make and approve government policy - คณะรัฐมนตรี
- capacity: the amount of something that can be produced or done - ความสามารถในการ (ระบาย, ผลิต etc.)
- cash flow: the movement of money into and out of a business as goods or services are bought and sold - การไหลเวียนของเงินในธุรกิจการซื้อขาย
- concourse: a large area in an airport or railway station, or in front of a public building, where people can walk -
- construction: the work of building or making something, especially buildings, bridges, etc. - การก่อสร้าง
- development: the gradual growth of something so that it becomes more advanced, stronger, etc - การพัฒนา
- expansion: when something increases in size, number or importance - การขยายออก
- renovate: to make something old look new again by repairing and improving it, especially a building - การตบแต่งหรือซ่อมปรับปรุงสถานที่
- segment (noun): a part of something - ส่วน, ตอน
- terminal: a large building at an airport where passengers arrive and leave - อาคารผู้โดยสารขาเข้าขาออก