Man arrested for murder of woman in Pattaya
published : 25 May 2023 at 09:01
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Chaiyot Pupattanapong
A 39-year-old man arrested in Sakhon Nakhon for the murder of a young woman in a Pattaya apartment room has admitted he killed her over a 30,000 baht debt, according to police.
The woman died from multiple stab wounds.
Police arrested Watcharaphon Onsongkhram, 39, in Sakhon Nakhon province on Tuesday evening.
His arrest followed the discovery of the body of a woman identified only as Rattana, 32, in an apartment room in Soi Buakhao in Pattaya on Saturday.
She had 11 stab wounds about her face, neck and shoulders, police said.
Police said on Wednesday the suspect admitted to having killed the woman.
He allegedly told police he had argued with her over a 30,000 baht debt he said she owed him. The woman had refused to repay the money and had scolded him.
He became angry and used his hands to cover her mouth and then grab her by the throat. The woman fought back and bit his hand.
During the fight, they broke a large picture frame, shattering the glass cover. Ms Rattana used a piece of the broken glass to attack him, he said.
He retaliated, stabbing her with a piece of broken glass 3 or 4 times, in the neck and shoulders, until she collapsed, he said, according to police.
He said he had previously been romantically involved with the woman.
Learn from listening
- admitted (verb): agreed that something is true, especially when you are unhappy, sorry or surprised about it - ยอมรับ
- argue: to speak angrily to somebody because you disagree with them; to give reasons why you think that something is right/wrong, true/not true, etc, especially to persuade people that you are right - โต้เถียง, โต้แย้ง, เถียง, อ้างเหตุผล
- collapse: (of people and business) to fail suddenly; to suddenly be unable to continue or work correctly - ล้ม (ธุรกิจ)
- debt (noun): an amount of money that you owe - หนี้, นี้สิน
- frame (noun): a structure that forms part of an object and gives it its strength and shape or holds something firmly in place - กรอบ
- multiple: many - มากมาย
- retaliate: to do something harmful or unpleasant to someone because they have done something harmful or unpleasant to you - ตอบโต้ แก้แค้น
- romantic (adj): connected or concerned with love or a relationship - เกี่ยวกับเรื่องรักใคร่และการผจญภัย
- scold: to criticise someone of whose behavior you disapprove of - ว่ากล่าว, ตำหนิ, เอ็ด
- shatter: to cause to break into many pieces - แตกกระจาย
- stab: to kill or hurt someone by pushing a knife or other sharp object into their body - แทงด้วยอาวุธ
- wound: an injury in which your skin or flesh is damaged - บาดแผล